By entering the competition, you agree to the below Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is up to £1 million net of Airtime value, redeemable across the Channel 4, Box Plus and UKTV channel networks. The winning advert will have a launch spot in the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games Opening Ceremony on 7th September 2016.
- The airtime value will be fairly spread across the channels within the portfolios mentioned and must be fully redeemed by the end of October 2016. Any remaining value left after this time will be lost.
- There is no cash equivalent available.
- The airtime value will be planned at the absolute discretion of 4Sales, but we will endeavour to plan efficiently for the winning brand's target audience.
- The winning brand should be able to run in all dayparts and its position in break will be natural delivery.
- The winning campaign will be subject to all existing Channel 4 airtime advertising policies and must comply with all usual advertising industry laws and regulations.
- The winning campaign will feature main ad copy with minimum 30-second time-length.
- Agency commission will not be payable on the airtime value.
- In order to be eligible, a written entry must be submitted alongside core contact details on www.4sales.com/superhumans by 5pm on 25th May 2016.
- Only entrants who are in employment in the following categories may enter.
a. Media, advertising and creative agencies, entering with explicit backing of the client.
b. Brand marketing teams can enter directly
- Competitor broadcasters are not permitted to enter.
- The prize is awarded to the winning idea and brand. The prize cannot be transferred to a different campaign concept, or to a different brand.
- Entries that exceed the 2-page written entry limit may be disqualified.
- Judging of the Entries will be based on the creativity and originality of a creative concept, which accurately and positively represents disability. The judges are looking for entries that fulfil a brand's core advertising brief whilst encapsulating positive inclusion of disability or disabled talent. The competition is about encouraging increased representation of disability in mainstream advertising and the judges will be looking for campaigns which echo this ethos.
- Entrants understand that any information in the entries marked as confidential will be seen only by the judging panel and competition organisers.
- Entrants understand all other information contained in the entries may be used by Channel 4 in the promotion of this activity. However, rights to produce the campaign ideas entered will remain with the entering company.
- After the closing date, the eligible entries will be shortlisted to no more than eight finalists by a panel of Channel 4 employees.
- The shortlisted entrants will be contacted by email on 27th May 2016 and invited to pitch their idea to the main judging panel on 7th June 2016.
- Inability to attend the judging session may result in disqualification of the entry.
- At the judging session, a panel of Channel 4 and external judges will hear pitches from all shortlisted entrants and will then chose a single winner.
- Winner will be notified and publicly announced on 9th June 2016.
- At entry you must provide your work email address in order for us to verify that you are employed by a company that is eligible to enter. Failure to do so may result in your entry being disqualified.
- By entering the competition, you accept that should you win you will be committed to produce an advertisement that reflects the winning pitch. Channel 4 will require regular contact and review sessions to ensure the creative concept being produced is true to the winning pitch.
- In the unlikely event that Channel 4 believe the advertisement produced does not match the intention of the original winning pitch, Channel 4 reserve the right to withdraw the prize.
- By entering you accept that the prize is airtime value only. Any additional media costs (such as VOD) and any production costs are not covered by the prize and are the responsibility of the winning company.
- Channel 4 reserve the right to amend the competition rules during the judging process if the chair of the judging panel deems it necessary. In this event, Channel 4 will notify all entrants of the change and will publish the updated rules on the competition website www.4sales.com/superhumans.
- The judges decisions are final.